Kind Mind offers a comprehensive Social Emotional Learning Curriculum for lifelong resilience.
School Closure Support
Kind Mind’s Founder, Lee, will host FREE Zoom calls for school staff (educators, administrators, lunch and janitorial staff) in an effort to build connection and relieve stress during a time of great uncertainty. The format of these 30 minute calls will be as follows:
- Guided Exercise: Mindfulness and Compassion
- Writing and/or Drawing: To enrich the exercise
- Facilitated Discussion: Discuss fears, anxiety, and the current state of the world in a safe space
- Resources: Supportive practices to build resilience during this time
Contact Lee if you would like to set up a call for your school staff, email@example.com
Self-Compassion and Restoring Purpose
This 4 part series will support educators in restoring balance through self-compassion and revitalizing a sense of purpose.
- Four 45 minute Zoom sessions
- 10 participants per call
- $350 for the series
A few resilience building tips during a time of isolation:
- Daily Connection – Use guided audio below, letter writing, FaceTime, connect with nature
Kind Mind Audio: Adults -8-10 minute guided audio
Kind Mind Audio: Kids –1-2 minute guided audio
- Self-Efficacy -Use this time to connect with your inner strengths and see your capabilities. Work to let go of self doubt and believe in yourself more than ever.
- Awe – Look for your emotional expression of Awe and lean in. Research shows experiencing awe everyday supports a healthy nervous system.
- Purpose – Write 3-5 core values on a piece of paper and look at them every day. Notice if this guides you towards living your purpose every day.
- Breath and Movement – Move your body a little every day. Work outside, take a walk, dance around your house! Mindful breathing can relieve stress and support a healthy and nervous system.
- Kristen Neff – website offers many tools and resources to support self compassion
- Compassion Institute – online trainings to build compassion and restore purpose
The School Program Includes:
Social Emotional Learning Curriculum
Our full SEL curriculum focuses on resilience building teaching practices and topics that are based in research. This curriculum is designed to serve whole communities, not students alone. Please join us in restoring balance in schools by embodying and teaching the lifelong skills that are critical in happiness and success. Curriculum includes:
- Weekly lesson plans – to simplify work load and offer healthy brain breaks
- Lessons and Activities- to support a community of compassion and resilience
- Kind Mind Journals – to reflect and enrich lessons
- Kind Mind Audio – to cultivate mindfulness
- Kind Mind Corner – to enhance emotional awareness, healthy processing, and cultivate compassion
- Kind Mind Breath and Movement – to support a healthy nervous system
- Teacher Guide – video series catered to reducing burnout and promoting self care
- Caregiver Engagement – to integrate teachings at home
Professional development prioritizes self care practices that build resilience. Mindfulness, Purpose, Compassion, and Self Compassion are primary areas of focus.
In Person Classroom Sessions
Opt to have the lessons taught by a trained professional and receive a discount on the curriculum. Sessions support a kind and focused classroom environment, while training teachers in the curriculum so they feel supported.
Develop skills to identify and balance emotions, and build empathy and compassion. Build self-awareness of physical and emotional self.
Practice anchoring attention at will to promote learning. Build awareness of attention and empower individuals to choose point of focus.
Engage in activities to promote compassion for self and others.
Learn and practice simple ways to calm the nervous system and restore balance to our internal systems. Build healthy practices to process emotions and build resilience.